Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What I eat on a typical day

I figured the best place to start would be with me and how I eat during a typical work day. Under each meal there's a little description on how it's prepared. I know it seems like a lot of information at once so focus on this: the work I need to put into eating this way, it's almost zero. That's why I love eating this way. Not only does it make me feel great but it's also easy and cheap (everything can be bought in bulk).

Disclaimer: This is not meant to be an ideal diet. It's what I do that works best for me currently. No one diet works for everyone. What we'll eventually try to achieve is finding a way of eating the works for you

Breakfast:
  • 4 hard boiled eggs
    • Great source of protein and fat. I have an egg steamer that I use to cook them. It really is set it and forget it haha
  • Blueberries in Coconut milk
    • Carbs from the fruit and more healthy fat from the coconut milk. Coconut milk comes in a can. I just open it and portion it out into tuperware containers then add blueberries from a frozen bag in my fridge. Each can makes three servings for me
  • Carrots
    • All I have to do is put them in a container to bring to work!
Lunch:

  • Chicken on greens
    • Protein and greens! All of the chicken is cooked before hand. I buy boneless chicken breasts, cut them into bite size pieces, season them, throw them in the oven and store them for the week. I buy spring mix greens and just put some in a travel container when I'm packing my lunch.
  • Olive oil dressing
    • Chicken doesn't have any fat in it so I have to add some
  • Fruit
    • Delicious grab and go fruit carbs
Dinner: This is the only meal I cook when I'm ready to eat it. It takes about 10 min to make
  • Steak
    • I heat up the skillet with some avocado oil; season the steak and throw it on. Flip half way like most would do. I love steak
  • Peas
    • Frozen. After the steak is cooked I leave the skillet on and throw the peas right in the remaining juices. I don't want to waste a bit of that delicious steak flavor
  • Fruit
    • An apple a day keeps the doctor away! It's dumb but I honestly think it's true. All fruit. Apples aren't some magical medicine.
The great thing about this is that everything is quick and easy. I can make everything I need for the week in about an hour and store it in the fridge. The night before work I just put breakfast and lunch in my lunch bag. In the morning I wake up, shower, get dressed, grab my lunch, and I'm out the door and unto another day of thoughtless healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment